"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." - Pablo Picasso

Monday, August 20, 2012

Wait, what time is it?!


Ok, so I decided to enter "The Vagina Show" exhibit at The Creole Gallery and submit the maximum number of pieces (3). None of these works pre-existed; they were all created for the show.

The entry rules stated that all entries must be submitted before Saturday, the 18th, at 12am.

I ran a little behind so, straight after work on the 17th, I hit the studio and painted for 6 straight hours! Finally, at a little past 11:00 pm, I finished as much as I could, took my photos and submitted the entries at 11:45 pm with a note that said, "Wow! Talk about getting in just under the wire!"

At about 12:46 am, Saturday morning, I received an email that said, "Actually, you have another day. The deadline is midnight, Saturday, the 18th."

Oops.

Oh, well, I got the pieces submitted and had all of Saturday to myself. Turned out to be a great day for sailing!

My first juried show. Should know something by the 24th. No idea what time. :)

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment