"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." - Pablo Picasso

Friday, August 24, 2012

The Waiting Game

So, as I said before, "The Vagina Show" at the Creole Gallery is the very first juried art show I have ever entered.  You'll have to forgive my ignorance.

In a previous post, I described how I was in a mad rush to get my submissions in by midnight last Friday only to find out I really  had until midnight on Saturday;  a mix up of what is meant by "12:00 am on Saturday". But I got my pieces in and began anxiously waiting to hear if they had been accepted or not. Waiting and waiting and....waiting.

Now the show announcement states that artists of accepted pieces will be notified by August 24th.  To my  way of thinking, that means by August 24th you'll know if ya got a piece in da show. In essence, I would think you'd get an email sometime on August 23rd.

Nope.  Again my ignorance of this process is showing.

The jurors are meeting on the 24th, tonight, to go over the pieces and decide who will or will not be accepted.  Ahhh...mea culpa.

So, I'm waiting.  I'm gonna go to Meijer, get some stuff, come home and make margaritas, and....wait.

Hopefully, I'll know something by tomorrow.  *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. Ok, it's now become obvious that this whole art show lark is just a trick by the spirit of Pablo Picasso to test my patience.
    Just found out that, due to a technical difficulty, submitters won't know about the show til tomorrow!
    ARRRRRGH!

    ReplyDelete