"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." - Pablo Picasso

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Projects and Procrastination.


I have quite a few things "on the drawing board", so to speak, yet find myself in a bit of a procrastination mode.

In addition to an impressionistic seascape I'm doing for myself (got a great place in the living room for it!) I also am working on 3 pieces to submit to a juried art show coming up.

And, yet, I've been avoiding the studio.

Laziness? Fear of not capturing my vision? Leery that I might be in over my head? No idea. But, the bottom line is, I've got to start slopping paint!

It's the journey, not the destination. Strive to make mistakes so you can learn. Never fall in love with your work. All platitudes, all true, I know 'em well.

I should have some time to myself tonight. Hoping to get something done!

No comments:

Post a Comment