"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." - Pablo Picasso

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Underpainting and Artist Statements

Less than three days to go before I need to drop off my pieces at the Creole Gallery for "The Vagina Show" and I'm still not done! Honestly, I've been trying everyday to check something off the list but, not being an artist who can make his entire living from his craft, I have that annoying thing I have to go to called "work".

But I'm almost done.

"Political Agenda" has been varnished and is just waiting the hanging hardware. "The Vagina Dialogues" has been put together (three paintings that make one) and will get varnished and wired tomorrow night. The big news, however, is that I have completed my bio and artist's statement and will drop those off with the paintings!  Yay! If you are at all interested, I have merged them together and have incorporated them into my "About Me" section on this blog.


In celebration of being in a new show, I also treated myself and bought a french easel!  I've long had a table top easel for travel but have always wanted to pick up an honest to God french easel.  I ordered mine from Dick Blick Art Supplies and just got it this past weekend. I stole some time, set it up in my studio, and started working on an underpainting for a portrait I'm working on. I love it! It's very adjustable and solidly built.  If anyone wants an inexpensive but good french easel, I heartily recommend the Blick by Jullian easel. You won't be sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment