"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." - Pablo Picasso

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Regrouping


Haven't posted in a little while. Been busy with life as well as dealing with some artistic and creative issues.

I am contemplating submitting some pieces for another show but it will really depend on whether or not I can get anything finished by the deadline. I'd prefer to submit a minimum of three pieces rather than just one. Increases the odds, doncha' know!

However, I'm also dealing with issue of painting for something instead of submitting work that I've done that appeals to me and I think may appeal to someone else. I find that painting things with a "show goal" in mind tends to remove me a bit from the free flow of creativity and slaps a vague criteria on the piece. This can lead to "artist's block" and, worse, despair.

So, of the four paintings I'm currently working on, three are possibilities for submission but only if they speak to me first. And I won't know that until I finish them.

Soooo... Paint first! Worry about shows second!

No comments:

Post a Comment