"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." - Pablo Picasso

Monday, October 15, 2012

Art and Fear


Been hitting some major "artistic blocks" lately. Artistic blocks are different from creative blocks. To me, a creative block is when an artist is at a loss for ideas. An artistic block is when an artist is having trouble working on these ideas.

I have TONS of ideas I want to work on. I'm just having problems doing it. Just can't seem to force myself to go to my studio and slop paint. sigh

So, I picked up a book called "Art & Fear" by David Bayles and Ted Orland. I found this at Barnes & Noble and straight away it seemed to address exactly what I'm going through. Yay! At least, I'm not alone. Although it isn't written as a "self help" book, I'm hoping to gain a better understanding of my situation and to be inspired to accept it and work through it.

By the way, due to this block, I missed the deadline for the show I was hoping to enter.  Oh, well.

Paint first, show second.....or third...or not at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment